Friday, May 16, 2008

let's go to the show

I got roped into doing another show this weekend. I don't mind, really. Anything that involves local music, I like to be a part of.

The son-in-law of one of our teachers got killed in Iraq last week. It was fairly traumatic for our little community and the neighboring one. He's a local grad and knew alot of people around here, so his death touched alot of lives. His sister-in-law is a former student of mine, and she thought it would be a great idea to have a benefit concert in his honor to benefit the NJROTC program at my school. So that's how I got involved. I'll be running sound along with playing in one of the bands. It's not my band, but I'm filling in for the bass player who has to go to prom. The band's name is "Lamenting Lavinia", and the drummer and guitarist/vocalist are twin brothers who I have known since they were Freshmen. Should be interesting...

No comments: