Monday, April 28, 2008

promenade

My school had it's prom Saturday night. It was a really nice event. After seeing kids dress up like thugs and emo-rockers all day, it's nice to see them dress up for once. Some of them clean up rather nicely. Of course, the teachers who chaperone have a grand ol' time. There seems to be a core group of us that always go to the dances. The kids seem quite amused when we join them on the dance floor. It's become a tradition of late for the teachers to all get on the floor when "Time Warp" from Rocky Horror is played. For some reason, I've become synonymous with that piece of music.

I'm not in the best of minds or moods this morning. I have a toothache, and our filly did a little dance number on my left foot this morning while trying to give her her medication.

I'm tired of school and ready for it to be over with. I love kids, but sometimes I wish I was working with machinery where if it doesn't do what it's supposed to, I could just whack it with a hammer. I don't think administration would take too kindly to me whacking kids with a hammer...

This whole gas pricing thing is taking a toll. $41 to fill a tank of a Nissan Sentra. It's a good thing I get good gas mileage and commute to work on my bike. But it definitely affects other areas of my life. I don't go out hardly at all and am trying to eat at home every night if possible. It's also affected my visitations with my son. He lives in Gainesville and I can't afford to drive up there twice a month. Sometimes I really hate civilization...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bonehead!
I just heard from "civilization" and it hates you as well. But who does "civilization" like? I've been on her crap list for a while.